No excuses! As of 2020, we are asking all of our current and new brands and suppliers to sign our code of conduct without any exceptions. We are proud to receive so much support by our amazing brands.
Code of Conduct Fair Bazaar
At Fair Bazaar sustainable environmental and social practices are enshrined in our philosophy. We do our utmost to create a positive impact. In order to fulfill our commitment, we work with our business partners and suppliers to deliver value to all stakeholders.
This Code of Conduct applies to Fair Bazaar and its business partners, suppliers, and subcontractors, as well as to all internal and external employees, hereafter referred to as ‘party’ or ‘parties’.
1. Environmental Practices
I. PROTECTION OF THE PLANET AND ITS RESOURCES:
Within the production of the products sold by Fair Bazaar, we particularly care for:
- eco-friendly material and production
- high quality to enable long life cycles
- reduction of water usage and packaging
- reduction of pollution caused by transportation
- All local and country-specific laws in each individual place of operation need to be adhered to as a minimum standard. Suppliers care for an adaption of law respecting practices within their supply chain.
- Suppliers follow the precautionary principle regarding their decision of using natural resources and polluting the environment.
- Businesses support enhancement towards eco-friendly behavior in their practices.
II. ANIMAL RIGHTS
Businesses respect the dignity and environment of all animals, guarantee their welfare and ensure responsible sourcing where animals are not subjected to unnecessary harm. This particularly applies, if animals are the source of the production.
2. Social Practices
I. HUMAN RIGHTS
- All parties ensure to honor and execute internationally recognized human rights, and
- do not involve abuses of such in their own or supplying operations.
- This aspect is valid for both employees as well as external stakeholders.
- Employees must be of legal of age to work in accordance with their country’s laws, eliminating the abuse of child labor for both our suppliers and their supply chain.
- Labor should be employed without force and without discrimination in the workplace.
- Harsh or inhumane treatment towards employees is not acceptable and all disciplinary procedures need to be recorded.
- Parties ensure safety and health in the workplace with access to clean toilets and drinking water and providing the optimal Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) where required.
- Employees should not suffer discrimination in employment on any grounds including but not limited to: race, age, gender, disability, religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation, medical condition.
- Employees have freedom of association and the right to collectively bargain for their interests within the workplace.
- Monetary compensation needs to adhere to industry and national standards; Payment of minimum wage is guaranteed, and payment of a living wage must be the aim. Payments and other compensations are to be made regularly and reliably. Employees can request written statements to justify how their wage has been determined. Remuneration must be equal for workers performing the same work or activity regardless of sex.
- Any leave e.g. annual, maternity or sickness is to be paid according to legal regulations as a minimum.
- Regular working hours are determined to adhere to legal and national laws and remain within the limit of 48 hours a week. One day off per week is a minimum requirement.
3. BUSINESS PRACTICES
I. PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
- Parties encourage and enable eco- and socially friendly design and production practices.
- According to our definition, sustainability is best achieved through co- operation. As a result, we are open to exchange and collaborate on this path. Fair Bazaar will promote collaboration (in as much as its capacity) and aid the parties to achieve the most sustainable practices.
- A minimum of transparency and honesty needs to be delivered according to national regulations.
- Partners are pursuing transparency within their entire supply chain.
- Corruption, extortion and bribery are not acceptable.
- Partners agree to send documentation of proof via video or other visual material to Fair Bazaar or an appointed third-party (e.g. auditor).