Look around you – plastic is everywhere! It’s in your shoes, pens, toothbrush, car, toys, TV, water bottles, food packaging... It’s so popular that it’s almost impossible to get through one day without using it. And it’s creating major problems for our planet, wildlife and ourselves.
With The Plastic Problem, you’ll discover loads of brilliant and easy ways to cut plastic out of your life! By becoming a ‘plastic patroller’ instead of a plastic polluter, your actions will help protect our world, and inspire friends and family to do the same. Inside this practical guide, the follow-up to our popular 101 Small Ways to Save the World, you’ll find out how to:
- Pack a zero waste travel kit to help your family reduce its rubbish on trips
- Take better care of your clothes, swap items with friends, and get excited about hand-me-downs
- Switch your toothpaste for natural tooth powders and choose an electric, non-throwaway toothbrush
- Take your lunch to school in a reusable container and bring reusable cutlery
- Reduce the amount of things you buy, reuse what you have, and recycle what you no longer need
- Take reusable bags to the supermarket or with you when you go shopping